Kids aged 3 years up to 5th grade enjoy the following:
Sunday School – Meets on Sundays from 10:00 a.m. – 10:40 a.m.
Our Sunday School class is for pre-schoolers through grade 5. We will explore some of the stories of the Bible in fun exciting ways through games, stories, crafts, cooking, drama, etc. Explore Peace Cafe for breakfast and then join us for Sunday School each week. If you are interested in being a teacher, volunteer, or helper, please contact the Church Office.
Other Events Through the Year:
ommunion Class – held in October of each year
Annual Children’s Christmas Program held the 3rd Sunday in Advent every December
Vacation Bible School held yearly in July
National Youth Gathering
Every 3 years, our denomination holds a National Youth Gathering where 30,000 senior high youth from across the country gather to share faith, worship, engage in service to the community, and to put our faith in action.
We are currently getting prepared for the next National Youth Gathering in Minneapolis, MN in 2021!
Music at Peace
The rich heritage of music as part of the great Lutheran tradition plays an important role in the worship life at Peace. Congregational hymn singing plays a primary role in worship services, a tradition advocated and enhanced by the reformer, Martin Luther. The organ serves as the primary source of support for congregational song, with the occasional addition of instrumentalists.
The Sanctuary Choir comprised of adults and open to high school and college age students provides strong vocal leadership in congregational singing. In addition, the choir prepares anthems and service music related to the themes of the day and the character of the seasons. Alternating between the two scheduled worship services each week, the choir usually sings an anthem, and introit.
The invitation to join any of the musical organizations at Peace is always an open one. New voices and new sounds create new life and energy not only within individual groups but for the entire congregation. May we as individuals, organized groups and indeed the entire fellowship at Peace continue to sing new songs to the Lord.
There are various ways to get involved at Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church as an adult. We hope that you might be interested in exploring some of these education events or opportunities for service and fun. Please contact the Church Office with any questions.
- Women’s Lectionary Bible Study– The Lectionary is a cycle of readings that follows a three-year pattern. This Bible Study is for women and it meets on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m. from September – June. You’re welcome to bring some coffee, your Bible, and a friend and join us for an hour of diving into the readings for the upcoming Sunday!
- Pastor Travis’ Adult Class– This class is currently offered at 10:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings. September – May, Pastor Travis offers an educational class for adults based on the Bible, a topic, or conversation about the church and culture.
- Pub Theology– this is a small group gathering that meets once per month in a bar or informal atmosphere to wrestle with questions and topics of faith and life. Currently, we are meeting on the Third Tuesday of the month at The Elk’s Club in downtown South Haven.
Every day, in many ways, members of Peace Lutheran Church are seeking to make the world a better place. In far reaches of the globe, and right here in our community, you’ll see that Lutherans aren’t folks who simply talk about their beliefs. We put them into action, embracing the intent of our congregations Mission and Vision Statements:
Reflecting God’s light through love and service.
The Father’s love…..our love. Christ’s life……our light. The Spirit’s work…..our hands.
Our Social Ministries:
- “Cozy Quilters” …..quilt making ministry. (Meets every Monday from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at church)
- “Knit One; Prayer, Too”…..needlecrafters outreach through prayer shawl ministry.
- “Mimi’s Tweeters”…..music ministry at River Ridge Senior Housing. (Meets on Tuesday mornings from 11:15 a.m. to 12:00 [noon], September – May at River Ridge)
- Mission Endowment Fund…..seeking to fund mission and ministry beyond the doors of Peace Lutheran.
The application forms can be found by clicking here and are fillable forms that will allow you to type your answers into the form. Please save the form to your computer and either submit a printed copy or e-mail to the address provided in the document.
- Parish Nurse and Peace Health Ministries
- Blood Pressure Cinics
- Red Cross Blood Drives
- Flu Shot Clinic
- Life Line Screenings
- CPR and AED training
- Peace Cafe….. Sunday breakfast and hospitality from September through May.
- “Prayer Net”…..prayer ministry.
- Priscilla Circle.….fellowship and luncheon support for family and friends following funeral services.
- Rummage Sale…..held once a year in late summer or early fall with proceeds used to support social ministries in the church and community.
- Senior Potluck Social.….meets the third Thursday of each month at noon in the Fellowship Hall at the church.
- Servant Trips…..for youth and adults.
Our faith tradition is grounded in a life-transforming story. The faith story that we share through the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America is both ancient and timely. It is a story of a powerful and patient God who has boundless love for all people in the world, a God who brings justice for the oppressed and hope to the hopeless. It is a story of Jesus Christ changing lives two millennia ago, and still today. It is a contemporary story that brings comfort and strength to people who live in often unsettling times.
Learn more about our beliefs, and become a part of our faith story among the people of Peace Evangelical Lutheran Church. Join us on the journey as we follow Jesus together! To learn more, contact us at Peace.